Some ideas for a Paleo Christmas….
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2-3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 bacon slices, diced
- Aged balsamic vinegar
(Serves 4-6 people)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim the ends and any old outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts.
- Cut the sprouts in half and toss them with melted coconut oil, salt, and pepper.
- Dump them on a foil lined baking sheet, making sure to keep everything in one layer.
- Sprinkle the diced bacon over everything and pop the tray in the oven.
- The sprouts take about 30 to 35 minutes to roast, so set your timer for 10minutes intervals to regularly rotate and flip the sprouts.
- Check for seasoning and drizzle some of the aged balsamic vinegar on the finished dish.
Bonus: The same technique for roasting these Brussels sprouts also works with cauliflower and broccoli!