*Protein powder required for use.
A great idea for a fun and nutritious snack is to have a beneficial post training shake. If you look at the post below (search: Anabolic window) you’ll know that your body has a desire for insulin after you train, which drops exponentially within the following 3 hours. The insulin which is a storage and building hormone delivers much needed nutrients to the trained muscles.
So the idea is to supply the nutrients to raise insulin (sugars – banana) and also supply the nutrients needed for muscle recovery (protein – protein powder). This combination is a great “toner”, as it allows for muscle building while facilitating back to fat burning not too long after.
Post Training shake
– 100ml Full Fat Milk (contains CLA for fat burning)
– 1 Banana (high GI sugars for insulin increase)
– 1 1/2 scoops of protein powder (amino’s for muscle recovery – choc works best)
– 1 tbls peanut butter (healthy fats for joint recovery)
– A few ice cubes
– Additional water to desired consistency
Blend the mix adding water to your desired consistency. You’re left with a delicious shake you can have after every training session. Yum yum for a flat tum! This is actually good for you at this stage. Simply reduce the milk if you are lactose intolerent or susceptable to allergens.