Gluten Free and Dairy Free Berry Protein Pancakes with Toasted Almonds.
Perfect Breakfast or post/pre workout snack as they are high in Protein and Low in carbs.
• 4 Egg Whites
• 1 & 1/2 Scoops of Vanilla Protein
• 1 Big Handful of Raspberries
• 4 Strawberries, Sliced Thinly
• 2 Tablespoons of Flaked Almonds
• Pour the egg whites and protein into the food processor and blend until you have a thick smooth mixture (Make sure you add the egg whites first or the protein gets stuck in the corners!)
• Tear half of the raspberries with your hands and stir them into the mixture (Depending on the size of your eggs, the batter may be too thick, if so add a dash of almond milk!)
• Dry roast your flaked almonds for about 3 minutes.
• Mash the remaining raspberries with a fork and then microwave them for about 20 seconds on medium heat until you have a lovely runny coulis.
• Set the almonds and the coulis aside.
• Heat some coconut oil in a pan on medium/high heat and add a third of the pancake mixture to the centre, swirling it with a spoon into a circle (ish!) shape.
• Cook for about a minute each side until golden brown. Repeat with the other two pancakes.
• Plate the pancakes with a few strawberry slices between each and then pour the coulis over the top and sprinkle with the toasted almonds and enjoy!