PALEO SHRIMP-STUFFED MUSHROOMS
• 24 ounces (about 24 medium-sized) cremini mushrooms
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
• 8 ounces fresh or frozen shrimp
• ¼ cup scallions (about 2 scallions), roughly chopped
• ¼ cup packed cilantro
• 2 bacon slices, diced (about ⅓ cup)
• 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, diced small
• 1 teaspoon Paleo-friendly fish sauce
• Kosher salt
• Freshly-ground black pepper
(Makes 24 pieces )
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Clean your cremini mushrooms and remove the stems.
3. Place the mushrooms on a foil-lined baking sheet, and brush them with melted coconut oil.
4. Roast the mushrooms, gill-side down, for 12 minutes.
5. Flip over the mushrooms, and roast for 5 to 10 minutes more, or until the liquid released by the mushrooms has evaporated.
While the mushrooms are in the oven:
1. De-vein and remove the tails from the thawed shrimp, and chop them into medium-sized pieces.
2. Toss the shrimp, scallions, cilantro, bacon, jalapeño, and fish sauce into the work bowl of a food processor. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Pulse the ingredients for the filling until a coarsely-chopped mixture develops. The filling should be the consistency of a sticky, chunky paste.
4. Scoop out the filling with a spoon and fill each cooked mushroom with the shrimp paste.
5. Return the mushrooms to the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the shrimp mixture has set.
6. Transfer the mushrooms to a plate and serve.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!