Cheat meal ideas….why not try these delicious Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
Sweet potatoes are lower GI (Glycaemic Index) than the high starch regular potato, which releases its sugars slower avoiding any energy crashes and resultant cortisol spikes.
• 3 sweet potatoes, peeled
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
• Generous amounts of salt, pepper and desired spices (see below for ideas)
• Makes 3 large servings
Spice options (or use whatever you like!):
• Garlic powder
• Chili powder
• Cayenne pepper
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
• Prepare two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
• Slice sweet potatoes into thin, uniform fries.
• Toss fries in olive oil, cornstarch, and desired spices.
• Lay fries out in one layer on prepared baking sheets, making sure not to crowd the fries, otherwise they will steam and not crisp up
• Bake for 30 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning.
• Serve warm with your desired dipping sauce.