Paleo Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1.5 lbs. sirloin, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos, divided
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar, divided
- 3 tbsp chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 carrots, diagonally sliced
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, divided
1. Place the sirloin in a small bowl with one tablespoon each of red wine vinegar and coconut aminos and toss to coat. Let marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together 3 tablespoons each red wine vinegar, coconut aminos, and chicken broth. Stir in the garlic, ginger, arrowroot, honey, and sesame oil. Prepare a separate small bowl with 1 tablespoon of water and set it next to the stove along with the garlic sauce.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the steak in the skillet in a single layer. The meat should sizzle; otherwise the pan is not hot enough. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side to brown, and then transfer to a bowl.
4. Add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil to the skillet. Stir in the broccoli and carrots, cooking for 2 minutes. Add the water to the skillet and cover with a lid. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, then remove the lid and cook until all of the water has evaporated.
5. Add the garlic mixture to the vegetables and stir to coat. Add the beef back into the pan and toss until the sauce thickens and everything is well coated. Serve immediately.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!