Recipe time….Delicious !
This bean-free Paleo hummus is a healthier version of traditional hummus! It uses butternut squash and roasted garlic and is ideal for parties or as a snack.
•2 cups of Butternut Squash
•¼ cup Tahini
•½ head of garlic
•Juice of one lemon
•½ teaspoon Onion Powder
•½ teaspoon Himalayan or Sea Salt
•½ teaspoon Pepper
•¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Poke the butternut squash with a fork and place in the oven
3. Cut the tip off the garlic head.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil and place in the oven.
5. Cook for one hour.
6. Cut the butternut squash in half and remove the seeds.
7. Squeeze the garlic out of the skin.
8. Place the butternut squash and the garlic in the blender.
9. Add the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, and the salt and spices.
10. Blend until smooth.
11. Serve with cut up vegetables